Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

On Nov 26 21:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 11 12:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > > Looks good, but maybe allow the AD attribute to be explicitly named (e.g.
> > > cygwinHomeDirectory).
> >
> > Cygwin schema extension? :)
>
> I just created a patch and a matching snapshot on
> https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>
> The new stuff is still missing documentation, [...]

If you're wondering why I didn't create a test release yet, it's all
about this dreaded documentation.

Did I mention already how much I hate writing documentation?  Yes?
Whatever.  I really hate writing documentation!  It's infinitely worse
than writing the code.

I'm just working on the documentation and it's going forward really
tenaciously, so I felt the need to vent^Wkeep you informed.

When I have a more or less working piece of documentation, I'll create
a new Cygwin test release again, for installation via setup.

I'd appreciate if those not shy to install developer snapshots would
give this stuff a try in the meantime.

Also, if you don't understand the settings, or some of the settings,
feel free to ask.  The developer (that's me, I guess) sometimes just
doesn't know if the description makes sense or not.  It will very likely
help to make the documentation better.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat