Re: [cygwin] Cygwin's git says "error: failed to read delta-pack base object"

>> It works fine on a local NTFS volume.
>>
>> I get the error when I do it on Z:, which is mapped to a network drive
>> (on another Windows box).
>
>It works fine for me on a network drive mounted from another Windows
>machine used via the cygdrive prefix:
>[..]
>I tried with two different mount points, one to a Cygwin-created remote
>dir, one to a Windows-created remote dir.
>
>> Is there a workaround? Why does this happen?
>
>No idea.  How do you mount the drive, e.g., what does `mount' print for
>the drive?  Or could this be a permission problem?  If all else fails
>you could try to find out what happens via strace.

Mount gives:

   Z: on /cygdrive/z type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)

It's an ordinary LAN share on another local Windows box, mapped to
drive Z: via "Map network drive" in Explorer (Win7). I have full
permissions.

You are more than welcome to read the strace output if that'll give
you a clue (it doesn't give me one). All 1.7 MBytes of it are at
http://nerdfever.com/files/strace.txt

(That comes from "strace git clone
https://github.com/nerdfever/pic32mx-bmf >strace.txt")

I'm still stumped.