Re: Unable to extract libkbdsg.a while installing the w32api-runtime / gcc-core package

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your suggestion. The problem still exists if I shut down my
anti-virus software. The other point is hard to demonstrate, but say
just trust me on this that virus is not very likely.

I tested it on two Win 8.1 + one Win 7 machines: I cannot create a
file named "libkbdsg.a" in TotalCommander or cmd.exe (by entering
"type NUL > libkbdsg.a"), but can do it using Windows File Explorer. I
can create files named similarly (e.g., libkbdsf.a) using either
method. I know some file names are special (e.g., CON, PRN) and cannot
be used, but "libkbdsg.a" doesn't seem to be one of them.

Cygwin installer can install w32api-runtime on the Win7 and one of the
Win 8.1 machines, but it failed to install this file on my newest Win
8.1.

Thanks,

Roc