Re: gnuplot MSWindows fontconfig blown away by recent update

On 1/31/2015 1:28 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
Hi, I use gnuplot which requires fontconfig info to use Windows fonts. Some
recent update (one of the graphic libs?) appears to have blown this info
away. So gnuplot is now using its default internal fonts which messes up the
appearance and layout of dozens of regularly scheduled plots from my data
sources. I do not use Xwindows or Xfonts so the X11 font docs do not explain
much. How can I restore gnuplot access to Windows fonts?

This is a result of a change in Cygwin's fontconfig package:

  https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2014-05/msg00009.html

I don't know whether Yaakov is still planning to make a a separate package to add the Windows font directory to the default font path.

Ken