Re: after update to cygwin 1.7.35(0.287/5/3) all file permissions in cygwin are 070

> i have been using cygwin for many years and currently most of my
> systems are at 1.7.32(0.274/5/3).
> i had to get an update to cygwin/X which forced me to also update
> cygwin. with the update, nearly all windows files have the permission
> setting of 070 (---rwx---) even when the file is owned by me, and as a
> consequence most applications fail to load or cannot load dll's or
> other really annoying issues.
>
> is there some "magical" new setting to make cygwin recognize that
> files owned by me are at least r/w?

I don't know what is your situation, but i can give some suggestion.

AFAIK, 1.7.34+ seems to use the real Windows ACL ( at least partly).
It means that the 700 file really cannot access by other Windows
accounts.

First of all, try the follwoing code from mintty. Then restart X.
mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
mkgroup -l > /etc/group

If it is still 0700 and you right click Properties/Security from
windows explorer.exe to make sure your real Windows ACL permission is
true wrong. Then the following command may be helpful.

Start cmd.exe  as Administrators.
cd to folder contain cygwin folder.
Run following:

takeown /F cygwin /R
icacls cygwin /T /grant your_account_name:F

your_account_name can be get from your default cmd.exe(Run as normal
user) or maybe your cygwin mintty.exe  your_account_name@your_PC_NAME
or your C:\Users\ your_account_name.