RE: update trouble 1.7.35

> - In a CMD shell, cd to C:\cygwin{64}\bin, call the following two
> commands, and paste the output into your reply:

>    getent passwd %USERNAME%
>    id

I am able to produce the failure again (by reverting to cygserver starting immediately as a service upon bootup).  I would be happy to provide the information above to a particular person or persons, but I'd rather not post it to the internet.  If you want it, please let me know where to send it.  If you don't want you email posted, please free to send directly to
h a b e r m a n n atsymbal dow periadcharacter com