Re: Making Cygwin More Tolerant of Orphaned SIDs?

On Apr 14 06:57, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Bryan Berns <bryan.berns <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Based on some rudimentary performance tests, it would appear that
> > Cygwin may repeatedly try to lookup information on a SID form an ACE
> > if cannot find a corresponding account.... which will undoubtedly
> > occur for orphaned SIDs.  If the volume being read is remote, this can
> > result in some massive slowdowns if there are many files in the
> > directory.  Is there any way to augment this behavior?
>
> Mounting the volume "noacl" doesn't help?

Orphaned SIDs shouldn't happen.  Disabling accounts, ok, but removing
them?  I don't know.  So the question is, if there's no account with
these SIDs anymore, why aren't these SIDs removed from the ACLs?
It's not only Cygwin.  These SIDs also unnecessarily slow down each
single access check of the OS.

Corinna

Red Hat