Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-3

>> > Uhm... I wouldn't be too unhappy to get positive feedback as well...
>>
>> Oh well, alright, I tried to save us both some time :-)
>>
>> Reinstalled the whole shebang, and re-executed my test. This time I was
>> NOT surprised.
>
> Cool, thanks!  Did you inspect the ACLs for directories and files?
> Do they make sense?

Oops, better make a proper report next time :-)

%% pwd
/home/Test
%% ls -l
total 1
-r--rw---- 1 Test None 6 Apr 14 19:40 alfa

%% getfacl alfa
# file: alfa
# owner: Test
# group: None
user::r--
group::rw-
other:---

%% icacls.sh alfa
E:/Cygwin-test/home/Test/alfa
   Owner: Test, Group: None
   NULL SID                           (DENY)(Rc,S)
   Seven\Test                         (DENY)(S,WD,AD,WEA,DC)
   Seven\Test                         (R,D,WDAC,WO,WA)
   Seven\None                         (R,W)
   Everyone                           (Rc,S,RA)
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

%% ls -ld .
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Test None 0 Apr 14 19:39 .

%% getfacl .
# file: .
# owner: Test
# group: None
user::rwx
group::r-x
other:r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::r-x
default:other:r-x

%% icacls.sh .
E:/Cygwin-test/home/Test/
   Owner: Test, Group: None
   NULL SID                           (DENY)(Rc,S)
   Seven\Test                         (F)
   Seven\None                         (RX)
   Everyone                           (RX)
   NULL SID                           (OI)(CI)(IO)(DENY)(Rc,S)
   CREATOR OWNER                      (OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
   CREATOR GROUP                      (OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
   Everyone                           (OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

Whether or not the DACLs of file alfa and parent directory make sense, I must
rely on your wisdom ...

Regards,

Henri

=====