Re: Does sftp file system work in Cygwin?

I'm sorry I was not clear. I will try again.

I am running Mate under Cygwin on a Windows 7 Professional system, and
want to connect to a Linux server running on our local network.
Ultimately, I will be connecting through my Agency's VPN, which is so
slow as to render using X over that conduit useless. So, I want to
access my files on the Linux computer's filesystem via sftp. I can get
files from the Cygwin command line from that server using sftp, and
can login via ssh. I have the gvfs package installed under Cygwin. The
Cygwin installation on my Windows machine was updated 23 April 2015.

I have tried two approaches to setting up an sftp based file system on
Cygwin. The first was to run Mate on the Windows box, and use the
"Connect to Server" dialog, specifying SSH for the file system. that
results in the error "Unable to spawn SSH program". The second was to
use gvfs-mount from the command line, which results in a similar
error:

$ gvfs-mount sftp://xx.xx.xxx
Error mounting location: Unable to spawn SSH program

Should this work in Cygwin? Is there some configuration I need to attend to?
I spent the afternoon with Google search, and have found very little about this.

Woody Setzer