This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.17.1-3
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 21:40:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.17.1-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 55411449 dot 7020106 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <5542AA7E dot 5070504 at cornell dot edu> <55436A0A dot 2010603 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <554374FF dot 7060708 at cornell dot edu> <5543C3C5 dot 1060003 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <5543E14A dot 1010802 at cornell dot edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 01/05/2015 21:25, Ken Brown wrote:
On 5/1/2015 2:19 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 01/05/2015 13:43, Ken Brown wrote:
On 5/1/2015 7:56 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 30/04/2015 23:19, Ken Brown wrote:
I'm finding, on three different 64-bit Cygwin systems, that the server
dies shortly after starting. I'm attaching XWin.0.log from one of
I don't quite understand why cygwin's exception processing doesn't then
catch that exception and raise a SIGSEGV.
However, I did a bit more staring at the changes in 1.17.1-3 and I did
find a nasty bug in some code which uses the heap. I've uploaded a
snapshot  with a possible fix, please test that if you can.
That fixes it. Thanks.
No problem. Thanks for testing, and thanks for reporting the bug!
I've uploaded 1.17.1-4 with this fix.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple