This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
run.exe fails to start XWin in Windows 8.1
- From: "jaakov jaakov" <jaakov at ro dot ru>
- To: "Cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 22:32:28 +0300
- Subject: run.exe fails to start XWin in Windows 8.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: "jaakov jaakov" <jaakov at ro dot ru>
Dear cygwin maintainers:
While executing the command "Xwin Server" from Windows 8.1, the server won't start. Apparently, the executed command is
C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "cd; /usr/bin/startxwin"
The file C:\cygwin64\run.exe.stackdump is produced. Instead I expect, however, an X server process and an xterm window.
On the other hand, starting first "Cygwin64 terminal" does create a text console shell, and running
from this shell does give me an X server process and an xterm window.
A complete removal of the C:\cygwin64 directory and reinstalling did not help. Afterwards, reinstalling xinit did not help.
This issue persists for a few months already. Last year, XWin started without problems.
(I tried to add attachments, but somehow the e-mails do not appear on the cygwin mailing list site.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple