This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygwin 2.0.2, make 4.1: stderr redirect append does not work with native Windows programs
- From: Scott McPeak <smcpeak at coverity dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 16:38:18 -0700
- Subject: RE: cygwin 2.0.2, make 4.1: stderr redirect append does not work with native Windows programs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
- References: <33EC3398272FBE47B64EE3B3E98F69A76C42903B at de011521 dot schaeffler dot com> <55525B85 dot 90001 at coverity dot com>
> Just a wild guess here: line endings? Try
> make 2>&1 | cat -A
> and see if everything's there.
This is of course easy for anyone to try using the reproducer I attached:
$ make 2>&1 | cat -A
echo first > output$
echo secondxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >>
/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/sort.exe nonexist 2>> output; true$
----- BEGIN output -----$
nonexistThe system cannot find the file specified.^M^M$
----- END output -----$
The output is still wrong.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple