This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: startxwin - xinit unable to connect to X server
- From: Bryan Berns <bryan dot berns at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 20:04:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: startxwin - xinit unable to connect to X server
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <4a3f92951e894d9abcc0f184ad983ba1 at ES12AMSNLNT dot srn dot sandia dot gov>
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Kunz, Christopher L <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> After updating to the latest Cygwin distribution, I can no longer connect to X server. When I run startxwin (on a fresh Cygwin install), I get the following errors:
> xinit: giving up
> xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
> xinit: server error
> The XWin.#.log looks okay, I think (see attached). I've set DISPLAY to :0.0.
When's the last time you had updated the xinit package?
Try launching as startxwin as startxwin -- -listen tcp
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple