This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: startxwin - xinit unable to connect to X server
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: "Kunz, Christopher L" <clkunz at sandia dot gov>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 17:23:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: startxwin - xinit unable to connect to X server
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <4a3f92951e894d9abcc0f184ad983ba1 at ES12AMSNLNT dot srn dot sandia dot gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 13/05/2015 19:40, Kunz, Christopher L wrote:
After updating to the latest Cygwin distribution, I can no longer connect to X server. When I run startxwin (on a fresh Cygwin install), I get the following errors:
xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
xinit: server error
The XWin.#.log looks okay, I think (see attached). I've set DISPLAY to :0.0.
It seems that the X server is crashing while it's still starting up.
I'm afraid I can't reproduce this problem.
If possible, could you follow the "Generating a backtrace when the X
server is crashing at startup" instructions at , which might shed
some light on what is going wrong...
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple