This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Problem linking with an import library (.lib) file:
- From: Mark Rivers <rivers at cars dot uchicago dot edu>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 20:08:06 +0000
- Subject: RE: Problem linking with an import library (.lib) file:
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <70AE7462E7AD054C89DCBA45343D499A65860E12 at CARSMAIL2 dot CARS dot APS dot ANL dot GOV> <70AE7462E7AD054C89DCBA45343D499A65860EBD at CARSMAIL2 dot CARS dot APS dot ANL dot GOV> <70AE7462E7AD054C89DCBA45343D499A65861B29 at CARSMAIL2 dot CARS dot APS dot ANL dot GOV>
Jon Y wrote:
> Try using gendef to generate a def file from the DLL and use dlltool to
> generate an import library from the new def file.
Unfortunately the dll is stripped, so this does not work:
$ nm plxapi631.dll
nm: plxapi631.dll: no symbols
I know that this specific .lib file has worked in the past to link with Cygwin. Unfortunately it is quite difficult to "roll back" with Cygwin to figure out in which version it last worked.