This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 2.0.2, make 4.1: stderr redirect append does not work with native Windows programs
- From: Scott McPeak <smcpeak at coverity dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 21:58:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: cygwin 2.0.2, make 4.1: stderr redirect append does not work with native Windows programs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
- References: <20150515183339 dot c708bd1d310149fe02dc121e at nifty dot ne dot jp>
Although I'm not sure why this happens (maybe a bug of make), try
make -O 2>&1 | cat
With option -O, it seems to work as expected.
Indeed, thanks! It also appears that I can:
$ export MAKEFLAGS=O
$ make ...
to work around the problem, with no apparent ill effects, which is good
because my actual environment involves a twisty maze of recursive Makefiles.
Of course, I still hope the underlying bug gets fixed.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple