This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin - configure: error: Required header <rpc/types.h> not found
- From: "Gery ." <gamejihou at hotmail dot com>
- To: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 22:17:18 +0000
- Subject: RE: Cygwin - configure: error: Required header <rpc/types.h> not found
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB124-W425C8724FFE35F6D36381BB0C40 at phx dot gbl>,<1431980882 dot 11784 dot 3 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
Thanks Yaakov for the quick reply,
> https://cygwin.com/acronyms/&PCYMTWLL !
sorry for the long lines =)
> Add "CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tirpc" to your configure flags.
Thanks, but the problem remains. MB-System (the software I try to install) complains about rpc/:
checking rpc/rpc.h usability... no
checking rpc/rpc.h presence... no
checking for rpc/rpc.h... no
checking rpc/types.h usability... no
checking rpc/types.h presence... no
checking for rpc/types.h... no
configure: error: Required header <rpc/types.h> not found, check include path and intsalled devel packages
>> I mean, a solution that doesn't involve upgrading cygwin to the
>> latest version, I just don't want to reinstall everything again.
> Please note that we do not support old versions of Cygwin, nor does
> upgrading to the currently supported version require "reinstalling
I always knew that I must reinstall all software (those that don't come
with cygwin by default, e.g., PostGIS) after upgrading to the latest cygwin version (ie.
download the latest setup*.exe and perform the upgrade). I just found these steps:
chmod +x apt-cyg
mv apt-cyg /usr/local/bin/
apt-cyg install PACKAGE-NAME-HERE
would these steps correctly update specific packages?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple