This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: AW: emacs-w32 24.5.1: Crashes with --daemon and in "About Emacs"
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: Martin Anantharaman <Martin dot Anantharaman at web dot de>, cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 08:21:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: AW: emacs-w32 24.5.1: Crashes with --daemon and in "About Emacs"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5559DC54 dot 8050008 at cornell dot edu> <39BFBB82ABFA40A3BBE0531B2CDF2906 at MartinsDell>
On 5/19/2015 1:52 AM, Martin Anantharaman wrote:
you were on the right track there: I do not run bash in a windows console,
but not in mintty either - I have been using Console2 for many years as
common terminal for cmd, msys and cygwin. When I run my test in a mintty
windows everything works, i.e. emacsclient makes the emacs-server start a
window on the mintty terminal. /usr/bin/tty there shows /dev/pty0 in
contrast to /dev/cons0 in the Console2 window. So should I consider use of
Console2 (and the /dev/cons0 device) unsupported or is it a bug in
I don't know. Maybe Corinna will have some insight into this when she returns
Regarding the other problem (crash in About Emacs): There I was running in
mintty anyway, as I had not installed Cosole2 on that machine at all - I
will be lookign at that with debugingo in due course.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple