This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: rpc/types.h: No such file or directory
- From: "Gery ." <gamejihou at hotmail dot com>
- To: Tom Kacvinsky <tom dot kacvinsky at vectorcast dot com>
- Cc: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 17:36:11 +0000
- Subject: RE: rpc/types.h: No such file or directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB124-W430A09515E306F5C9F072DB0C30 at phx dot gbl>,<1432049830 dot 11784 dot 38 dot camel at cygwin dot com>,<DUB124-W37174205BEFCC1F13C4524B0C30 at phx dot gbl>,<DUB124-W16B4CE43C28227EEC65E3CB0C30 at phx dot gbl>,<5979C710-8C9E-40E9-9D9E-85DDA0994763 at vectorcast dot com>,<DUB124-W31E8C535D82CFF6FF540C7B0C30 at phx dot gbl>,<95A211DA-EBC8-4F00-8D48-C8466E638238 at vectorcast dot com>,<DUB124-W1A757C89149656418916FB0C30 at phx dot gbl>,<CAAEKttyRdkbqFq2rxwhQRx+rzMWaD8sjF=vBtgxBYYjW8kBz_A at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Setting CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/CXXFLAGS in the bash shell before invoking make
> should just work. This has always worked when using the GNU autoconf
> too lchain paradigm of building projects. So there may be something
> about your particular build system that is not picking up these
> changes. So you'll have to figure out how to propagate these
> downstream to the actual compiles.
Thanks Tom, I've been changing the path in the #include directive of xdr.h and types.h in /usr/include/tirpc/rpc, as well as in the MBsystem include files, and now it starts picking the rpc/types.h calls, so MBsystem software is compiling. It just stops compiling and throws the same error in files that don't have the full path in the #include directives (ie. /usr/include/tirpc/rpc/types.h instead of rpc/types.h). Having said that, you're right about propagating these changes to actual compiles this software. I agree, bash shell should do the job, it would be great if someone knows the trick and can share it here.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple