This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Doing vfork: resource temporarily unavailable
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 08:39:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: Doing vfork: resource temporarily unavailable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <86pp5vlfwq dot fsf at example dot com>
On 5/20/2015 6:08 AM, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
When launching Cygwin Emacs 24.5  with my standard `.emacs' file
(which I successfully use with Windows Emacs 24.5 and 25.0), I have
"Doing vfork: resource temporarily unavailable" errors.
1 [main] emacs-w32 85364 child_info_fork::abort: C:\cygwin\bin\cyggs-9.dll: Loaded to different address: parent(0x1710000) != child(0x19C0000)
This indicates that you need to run a full rebase
simplest way to do this is to run '/usr/bin/rebase-trigger full', then
stop all Cygwin processes and services, and then run setup-x86.exe. The
_autorebase postinstall script will then take care of the rebase.
I have occasionally found it necessary to reboot the computer before
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple