This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Doing vfork: resource temporarily unavailable
- From: "Rockefeller, Harry" <Harry dot Rockefeller at flightsafety dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:13:38 -0400
- Subject: RE: Doing vfork: resource temporarily unavailable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <86pp5vlfwq dot fsf at example dot com> <555C8066 dot 8080009 at cornell dot edu> <CAK-n8j41UL6x867NUb3ZBrEkWiyQcC7+a1J7Qwa_yuTv=+MyUA at mail dot gmail dot com>
>From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
>Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 8:54 AM
>Subject: Re: Doing vfork: resource temporarily unavailable
>> This indicates that you need to run a full rebase
>> (https://www.cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures). The
>> simplest way to do this is to run '/usr/bin/rebase-trigger full', then
>> stop all Cygwin processes and services, and then run setup-x86.exe.
>> The _autorebase postinstall script will then take care of the rebase.
>> I have occasionally found it necessary to reboot the computer before
>> doing this.
>This doesn't always work for me. In fact, I just did this - set the trigger, rebooted,
>then ran Cygwin Setup. The first time I started Emacs, no problem (only one dbus warning).
>The very next time, this:
> 0 [main] emacs-X11 2512 child_info_fork::abort:
>C:\Cygwin\bin\cygMagickCore-6.Q16-2.dll: Loaded to different address:
>parent(0x1710000) != child(0x1920000)
Recently I spent about an hour running numerous rebaseall commands interspersed with
at least one rerun of setup-x86 and 3 reboots before my emacs vfork errors went away.
I don't know if it was the third reboot or something else such as deleting some of my
biggest emacs buffers ( I use desktop-save-mode) that finally cured the problem.
If there is a "bottom" to this problem I would be willing to participate as a tester.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple