This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Doing vfork: resource temporarily unavailable
- From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:21:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: Doing vfork: resource temporarily unavailable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <86pp5vlfwq dot fsf at example dot com> <555C8066 dot 8080009 at cornell dot edu> <CAK-n8j41UL6x867NUb3ZBrEkWiyQcC7+a1J7Qwa_yuTv=+MyUA at mail dot gmail dot com> <3d9c900f406e4f4289c23e8f14b9304b at vsrv060ex01 dot ssd dot fsi dot com>
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
> Recently I spent about an hour running numerous rebaseall commands interspersed with
> at least one rerun of setup-x86 and 3 reboots before my emacs vfork errors went away.
> I don't know if it was the third reboot or something else such as deleting some of my
> biggest emacs buffers ( I use desktop-save-mode) that finally cured the problem.
> If there is a "bottom" to this problem I would be willing to participate as a tester.
I would also volunteer. There is a Perl script I occasionally need to
run on my Emacs buffer, from within Emacs (M-|). The script is a
great timesaver when it works, but I hate to blow all that time saved
trying to get rid of fork errors.
Jim Reisert AD1C, <email@example.com>, http://www.ad1c.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple