This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Epoch in 1.7.34
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 13:50:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: Epoch in 1.7.34
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADaEXtdvKkFLisSuZS7ZKSeSLevW9MajMcy+PoRBeMFAYO75kg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On May 20, 2015, at 11:33 AM, Andrew Clark <email@example.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this a Cygwin question or a bash question, but I came
> here first.
Given that date is not a Bash builtin, I donât know why thatâs even on the table.
The Cygwin DLL *is* involved, but a problem in the key function (time(2)) would break an *awful* lot of software, so I canât see it being the source of the change.
More likely, the change is in newlib or the terminal I/O code.
What do you get from âstrace -fq date +%sâ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple