This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Tcl/Tk 8.5.18
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 18:09:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Tcl/Tk 8.5.18
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 1432158061 dot 3408 dot 8 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> * Just after the last Cygwin tcl/tk release, upstream decided to
> "improve" Cygwin support by further hybridizing it, going in the exact
> opposite direction we went with the switch to a fully *NIX/X11 8.5. I
> have done my best to undo all these changes (which were extensive), but
> please let me know if something was missed.
Am I reading this right in that "tcl" and "tcl-tk" packages no longer require
X11? I would love it if we went back to using GDI, however I am seeing
unexpected results on a fresh setup.ini:
sdesc: "Tcl X11 toolkit"
ldesc: "An X11 toolkit implemented with the Tcl scripting language."
category: Interpreters Tcl X11
requires: bash cygwin libfontconfig1 libX11_6 libXft2 libXss1 tcl
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple