This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Tcl/Tk 8.5.18
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 19:30:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Tcl/Tk 8.5.18
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 1432158061 dot 3408 dot 8 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <CAAXzdLW5Zz2g=wL0=6YCRsEc-ejHa-q29SAedpGaqpQ=tGTZYA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 18:09 -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > * Just after the last Cygwin tcl/tk release, upstream decided to
> > "improve" Cygwin support by further hybridizing it, going in the exact
> > opposite direction we went with the switch to a fully *NIX/X11 8.5. I
> > have done my best to undo all these changes (which were extensive), but
> > please let me know if something was missed.
> Am I reading this right in that "tcl" and "tcl-tk" packages no longer require
No, *upstream* tried to hybridize Tcl/Tk by supporting *both* Win32/GDI
and *NIX/X11 APIs through some very ugly hacks. I undid those to make
it pure *NIX/X11 again, as it should on Cygwin.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple