This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin-2 process handling
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 09:05:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin-2 process handling
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1573487218 dot 1490468 dot 1431969356192 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com> <555B6F71 dot 4040906 at cornell dot edu> <555B7E03 dot 40404 at cornell dot edu> <20150521205357 dot 2c125b3bcaf877d0843b52b1 at nifty dot ne dot jp>
On 5/21/2015 7:53 AM, Takashi Yano wrote:
I was looking into this problem, and found the PeekNamedPipe()
call is blocked in fhandler_pty_master::close() when the problem
I had not noticed that,
The PeekNamedPipe function can block thread execution the same
way any I/O function can when called on a synchronous handle in
a multi-threaded application.
I have made a patch attached to resolve this problem. Please have
Thanks! That fixes it for me. Michael (OP), are you able to build
cygwin1.dll and test it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple