This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 13:26:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: file-transfer-over-soundcard
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mjik7r$kq3$4 at ger dot gmane dot org> <8604DCD9-8901-46AD-9FA1-D20543B09680 at etr-usa dot com> <mjk00u$ib4$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <EA5E51E0-2160-4830-A9D2-B52804CAD0CE at etr-usa dot com> <mjml8i$ckt$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On May 22, 2015, at 1:18 AM, Spet <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On May 21, 2015, at 1:03 AM, Spet <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> When i execute from dos console:
>> Why arenât you using Cygwin Terminal instead?
> This is my first time.
> However I have to use it in windows console.
Again, *why*? If you can compile these programs in the Cygwin Terminal, you can run them there, too.
>> Youâre trying to send *Cygwinâs* /etc/fstab to another box?
> *Cygwinâs* ???
> another box???
The asterisks (*) are a form of emphasis, created in the days before you could send italics and bold text formatting over email.
âBoxâ is a slang term for computer.
>>> generate.exe -b 25 -r 48000 -o "k:\TEMP\a.txt" c:\cygwin\etc\fstab
>> Are you sure you built it with the Cygwin C compiler, and not something else, like the MinGW or Visual Studio compilers? Thatâs the only explanation I can think of for why the POSIX path (/etc/fstab) would fail, but a DOS path would succeed.
> I've only done "makefile" in terminal.
That explains nothing. You can build programs with âmakeâ using any compiler. It is not Cygwin-specific.
> But the transmission of the file fails because I get a bit sequence completely different from the original.
I canât help you there. Youâd need to examine the contents of the wave files and compare that to the known behavior of the algorithm.
A waveform editor like Audacity may help, but thatâs way off topic here.
Brian is right: this set of programs is far from the best way to achieve your purpose.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple