This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin fork:retry error
- From: "Rockefeller, Harry" <Harry dot Rockefeller at flightsafety dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 18:24:28 -0400
- Subject: RE: Cygwin fork:retry error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55663419 dot 6080700 at verizon dot net> <55663D0D dot 9020506 at gmail dot com>
Based on advice I've gotten here
these are the steps I plan to run next time emacs vfork errors happen.
Reboots are time expensive so my next attempt will be to avoid that.
1) stop mcshield.exe [since my employer has McAfee installed on my PC.]
2) run rebase-trigger full.
3) Stop all Cygwin processes.
4) Run Cygwin setup.exe [32-bit].
5) Start mcshield.exe
If that doesn't work, I'll try this next:
If that doesn't work, I'll probably try 64-bit Cygwin again.