This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin fork:retry error
- From: Gerry Reno <greno at verizon dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 18:58:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin fork:retry error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55663419 dot 6080700 at verizon dot net> <55663D0D dot 9020506 at gmail dot com> <e1e0cc43c1de402990bd486da2f9805e at vsrv060ex01 dot ssd dot fsi dot com>
On 05/27/2015 06:24 PM, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
> Based on advice I've gotten here
> these are the steps I plan to run next time emacs vfork errors happen.
> Reboots are time expensive so my next attempt will be to avoid that.
> 1) stop mcshield.exe [since my employer has McAfee installed on my PC.]
> 2) run rebase-trigger full.
> 3) Stop all Cygwin processes.
> 4) Run Cygwin setup.exe [32-bit].
> 5) Start mcshield.exe
> If that doesn't work, I'll try this next:
> If that doesn't work, I'll probably try 64-bit Cygwin again.
Since I have so many machines that need installed it is probably better if I just have a way to uninstall and reinstall.
I've been doing this using WiX. I need to get the WiX install to succeed 100% of the time and right now it's not.
About 25% of the installs end up with this fork:retry issue.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple