This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How ask a question on Tkgate for Cygwin ?
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: remi2005 at laposte dot net
- Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 00:00:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: How ask a question on Tkgate for Cygwin ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150529T231620-469 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 29/05/2015 22:23, Rémi Anjou wrote:
What is the procedure to install Tkgate with the Cygwin version 2.871 ?
tkgate isn't present as a Cygwin package, so you will have to build it
from source yourself. tkgate compiles out of the box under Cygwin.
However, Fedora carries four patches , and you may consider looking
at these to see if they are applicable for Cygwin.
Here are the commands I used to compile tkgate:
tar -xf tkgate-2.0-b10.tgz
Then I ran the application like this:
XWin -multiwindow &
The tkgate application started, and I was presented with a window
containing a number of electrical circuit diagrams. However, tkgate
isn't an application I'm familiar with, so I stopped there.
You could also install it into your Cygwin installation (although I
didn't try this):
Hope this helps,
 - http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/tkgate.git/tree/
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple