Re: I can't connect to ssh

On 6/6/2015 6:15 PM, Marilo wrote:

> harvey@samsung350 ~
> $ nc 127.0.0.1 22
> SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1
>

> harvey@samsung350 ~
> $ ssh 127.0.0.1
> Connection closed by 127.0.0.1
>

> I have no authorized_keys file which is fine. I am allowing PasswordAuthentication and also PubKeyAuthentication on the server.
> My password is not empty.
>
> It is not prompting me for any password. It just straight away says "connection closed by 127.0.0.1"
>
> I don't have any other computers on the network that I can try from at the moment.
[snip]

Check the permissions on the public key file and authorized_keys in
~/.ssh (and the .ssh directory itself).  If the target were Linux you
could also look in /var/log/secure to see why the remote closed the
connection.  On a cygwin remote system I don't know where the log is
located, but somebody else on the list can probably tell you.

--
Jim Garrison (jhg@acm.org)
PGP Keys at http://www.jhmg.net RSA 0x04B73B7F DH 0x70738D88