Possible issue with Firefox (38.0.1) running on X Server 1.17.2

I have recently upgraded Cygwin/X which upped the version of X Server
up to 1.17.2 (sorry, I didn't note the version that I was previously
using). I now enter the following into the Cygwin terminal:

    export DISPLAY=:0.0
    XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -listen tcp &
    xhost +

On my remote machine (a virtual RHEL5.2) I give the following commands:

    export DISPLAY=%server_ip%:0.0
    firefox &

Firefox launches successfully on my server machine. However, the
maximize button is disabled (all other buttons are present and
enabled). Resizing the window by dragging the edges works as expected
but there appears to be no way to maximize (double clicking the title
bar does not work either).

I have attached the cygcheck output (a modified version) and the XWin
log file as requested.

DP