Re: X: Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified

At 2015-08-10 18:11, Achim Gratz was heard to say:
Markus Hoenicka writes:
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\<username>

I don't know if these are relevant if you use roaming profiles
though. The path I've shown as $HOME is not arcane at all.

You still haven't shown what $HOME is set in Cygwin, only what path it
maps to on Windows.

windows exlorer, this is something like H:/My
Documents/home/<username>.

I've figured as much, but I don't understand what you did to get it
pointing there.  Do you mount something to /home/markus.hoenicka in
/etc/fstab or /etc/fstab.d/markus.hoenicka perhaps?  Where do you have
Cygwin installed?

$HOME is as simple as can be, and now that you mention it, I do use an entry in /etc/fstab to put /home where it is:

$ echo $HOME
/home/<username>

$ cat /etc/fstab
# For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
# http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

# This is default anyway:
none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
//<serverpath>/home/<username>/Eigene\040Dateien/home /home ntfs acl,binary,user 0 0

Cygwin itself is installed on the local drive, in C:/cygwin64

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka