Re: Fatal error while trying to install HP NPS application which uses cygwin - ** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487,

On 10/09/2015 19:46, Vivek Kashyap wrote:
Hello Team

I am trying to install HP Network Performance Server (NPS) v10.00 on
windows 2008 R2 enterprise OS with SP1,As part of installation it uses
cygwin to configure some of components
"** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487, " Details below -

We have tried rebooting the server, reinstalling application and
stopping antivirus and backup services but it didnt help

Can you please help in fixing this issue

 as HP seems to have built this installer, have you asked them ?

General notes:

- the cygwin version seems based on 1.7.9 from 2011, so a bit old, plus it is a 32bit version that of course has fork limitation compared to the 64 bit version, while the system is a 64bit one.

- never a good idea to have to have path with space witch cygwin
  D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software

I would try: call HP as they should solve the issue.

In alternative, but I wonder why an installation
require the gcc compiler and make.

1) install in a directory path without space
2) Update the cygwin package installed to a recent one

also possible replace the package with a 64bit version.

Regards
Marco