Re: Question about old win32 api

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Marco Atzeri  wrote:

> the change in nc had nothing to do with cygwin
> change between 1.5 and 1.7
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2012-05/msg00015.html

Implying a tie between the nc version to the release of 1.7.0-0 was
wrong on my part. I am not wrong in this change to 'nc' did happen.
Because I was not tracking all things Cygwin all the time I didn't
know about it at first, and the people who had problems with it in my
world were those who had deployed new workstations with Cygwin 1.7
while those who could just keep using Cygwin 1.5 did not have
problems. The point is that Cygwin doesn't stay the same all the time
in the ways that all users may care about.