Re: Bash / cygwin process spawning (?) performance very slow

>>> may be. forks are time consuming and your command is spending all the
>>> time in fork
>>
>> So why is it spending all its time in fork? That is the question.
>
> https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.api.fork

That doesn't answer my question on Kernel load. Why is it fast on your machine, and slow on mine?
How can I find the culprit?

>>> In addition, I suspect your Antivirus is further slowing down the things.
>>
>> I don't run an Antivirus program
>
> than some thing else is crashing your performance
> https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda

Obviously something is. The FAQ entry does not mention performance, but real failures.
How to further diagnose this?

Best regards,
Paul