Re: cygwin issues with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266)

On 02/10/2015 19:41, Terry Garyet wrote:
Windows 10 did auto-update (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for
x64-based Systems (KB3093266)) yesterday. My sys auto rebooted this
morning.

Now, when I try to launch "Cygwin Terminal" from the windows desktop I get:

/usr/bin/mintty:  could not detach from caller.  Try '-help' for more
information.

The actual runstring for the shortcut is:

C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -

Running mintty --version reports:  mintty 2.1.5 (i686-pc-cygwin)

I can launch bash from windows cmd shell:

/usr/bin/bash

and I get a bash command prompt.  If I try to execute anything (from
inside that bash shell), for example, ls, I get:

Terry@PaceBend /cygdrive/c/Users/Terry/Desktop

may be something changed in the usage or permissions of the
Windows HOME directory,
have you tried to use as your cygwin home a separate directory
from the windows one ?

https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping-nsswitch-home

I checked the cygwin1.dll and it is in the proper place and is dated the
same as the day I updated cygwin for windows 10.

cygcheck file attached.

Pay attention to
https://cygwin.com/problems.html

You should use
cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out

I hope this is the correct list for this issue.  I spent a long time
trying to search for a solution and/or if it had already been reported
somewhere, but I didn't find it.  Sorry if I duplicated the reporting or
it is in the wrong email list.

Terry

This is the right place.