Von: Marco Atzeri [mailto:marco.atzeri@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2015 06:44
An: Schmitz, Marco <marco.schmitz@adesso-mobile.de>; cygwin@cygwin.com
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: Tesseract 3.04 - Cygwin64 - Windows 8.1 - Can't open makebox

On 05/10/2015 11:09, Schmitz, Marco wrote:
> Hello Marco,
>
> here come the deserved 2 attachments.
>
> Without setting the Windows environment variable TESSDATA_PREFIX to C:\DEV\cygwin64\usr\share\tessdata I get:
>
> $ tesseract --list-langs
> Error opening data file
> C:\DEV\tesseract\Tesseract-OCR\tessdata/eng.traineddata
> Please make sure the TESSDATA_PREFIX environment variable is set to the parent directory of your "tessdata" directory.
> Failed loading language 'eng'
> Tesseract couldn't load any languages!
> Could not initialize tesseract.
>
> This I put into cygcheck-without-windows-environment-variable-set.out.

> --------
>
> Then I set TESSDATA_PREFIX to C:\DEV\cygwin64\usr\share\tessdata and restart cygwin. I get:
>
> $ tesseract --list-langs
> List of available languages (13):
> arbeitsunfaehigkeit
> deu
> deu_frak
> eng
> fra
> ita
> ita_old
> nld
> osd
> por
> spa
> spa_old
> vie
>
> This I put into cygcheck-with-windows-environment-variable-set.out.
>

> Gretings,
> Marco Schmitz

Please note that TESSDATA_PREFIX is present in both case.
So in the first case it should be a residual of a previous Tesseract (for windows) installation.

$ grep TESS cygcheck-with*
cygcheck-without-windows-environment-variable-set.out:TESSDATA_PREFIX =
'C:\DEV\tesseract\Tesseract-OCR\'
cygcheck-without-windows-environment-variable-set.out:_TESSDATA_PREFIX =
'C:\DEV\cygwin64\usr\share\tessdata'
cygcheck-with-windows-environment-variable-set.out:TESSDATA_PREFIX =
'C:\DEV\cygwin64\usr\share\tessdata'

I suggest to look on your environment variables: user or system specific.