Re: How to correctly rebase?

On Sunday, 2015-10-18 13:14:36 +0200, I myself wrote:

>                          What I will try next:
>
> 1. Forget all my own libraries and only rebase Cygwin's.

Well, I only removed some of them from  "/var/lib/rebase/user.d/Rainer",
and after rebasing  and rebooting  the fork  error now  appeared in some
Perl DLL called from my start-up scripts.  So I removed a few more of my
own DLLs from  "/var/lib/rebase/user.d/Rainer",  and after  rebasing and
rebooting the fork error was gone or had moved to some library I'm using
at least less often than the Perl or Python libraries!

> 2. If that doesn't help: repeat step 1 but with ZoneAlarm disabled.

So at least in that particular case it wasn't at all ZoneAlarm's fault.

Next I'll check  what Cygwin  packages are  really needed  and will thus
hopefully cut down the number of Cygwin DLLs.

Boy, am I glad!  Seven days without -- of all things! -- Mercurial!

Many thanks to all the kind people sharing their knowledge :-)

Sincerely,
  Rainer