Re: Unwanted case-insensivity in file name globbing

On 11/10/2015 10:44 AM, Paul wrote:
Jan Bruun Andersen <jan_bruun_andersen <at> jabba.dk> wrote:
| Seems overly complicated for me. My current fstab looks like this:
|
| # /etc/fstab
| #
| #    This file is read once by the first process in a Cygwin process tree.
| #    To pick up changes, restart all Cygwin processes.  For a description
| #    see https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table
|
| # Device-       Mount-          FS-type         Options
Ignored
| # name          point
| # ------------- --------------- ---------------
| ----------------------- --------------------
|
| C:/Users        /home           ntfs            binary,posix=1,user     0
0
| none            /               cygdrive        binary,posix=0,user     0
0

| If I remember correctly the cygdrive thing is what automatically maps
| all my C:. D:, E:, etc drives to /C, /D, E and so on.
|
| The magic with posix is described here:
| https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table
|
|   posix=0   - Switch off case sensitivity for paths under this mount point
|      (default for the cygdrive prefix).
|
|   posix=1   - Switch on case sensitivity for paths under this mount point
|      (default for all other mount points).

Thanks, Jan.  I was actually looking at that page, and totally glossed
over the posix switch.  Will try it (the machine is elsewhere).

And don't forget about the registry setting you need in order to turn on case sensitivity:

https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#pathnames-casesensitive

Ken