Re: snapshots (archive files) are too big ... Why?

Hi Andrey,

On 2016-01-23 15:21, Andrey Repin wrote:

But this is actually a problem.

Not sure ...extraction appears NOT to be a problem ... (yes, the same
file is extracted multiple times).

On the other hand, the "big" archive file might indicate there is room
for improvement ...

However, it might be so that the person who wrote the script believes
that she/he can only rely on Lamport's clock:

The "version" of the file, that survives the extraction process, will
be the one that was last appended to the archive file ...

    http://www.gnu.org/software/tar/manual/tar.html#SEC59

See 4.2.2.2 Multiple Members with the Same Name.

Of course, I am just guessing ... that is why I wrote: I am curious.

Regards,
Henri