upgrades hang forever on 0p_000_autorebase.dash

Hello,

I tried upgrading some old cygwin installs on a couple of computers
today. I downloaded the very latest setup (32 bit) and ran them. On one
machine I ran the upgrade twice, on this machine the process hanged
forever on 0p_000_autorebase.dash

Running 0p_000_autorebase.dash manually from dash I found that the very
first time you run it it works fine, but any subsequent times in
requires user input (and hence would hang forever in a non interactive
terminal).

It requires user input because the file
/var/cache/rebase/rebase_dyn
is created read only the first time and then the second time a rm
requires user confirmation.

Here is the full terminal output:

$ 0p_000_autorebase.dash
Updating package information in /var/cache/rebase/rebase_pkg.
Updating rebase information for installed dynamic objects in
/var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst.
/bin/rebaselst: 211: /bin/rebaselst: cannot create
/var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst: Permission denied
Updating rebase information for installed executables in
/var/cache/rebase/rebase_exe.
/bin/rebaselst: 197: /bin/rebaselst: cannot create
/var/cache/rebase/rebase_exe: Permission denied
removing /var/cache/rebase/rebase_dyn
rm: remove write-protected regular file '/var/cache/rebase/rebase_dyn'?

As you can see a number of files are created read only and cause a
number of failures.

regards,
Patrick

--