Re[2]: Issues with ACL settings after updating to the latest cygwin.dll

I'm not quite sure what you observe there.  The NULL SID ACE only
contains extra information about some POSIX bits and the MASK value.
It's existence and setting should not influence what you can do with the
file.  The permission bits are explicitely set elsewhere in the ACL.

Can you reproduce the issue so that I can see what's going on?  I need
the icacls output for the file and its parent directory, as well as the
output from getfacl for both.
I have the same problem with Transmission.

I noticed this first when I tried to execute an exe that was downloaded with Transmission compiled in cygwin. When trying to start the exe from Explorer an error dialog will appear: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

When going to file properties - security I get an information dialog window: "The permissions on <program> are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective."

Proper permissions (of parent folder) look like this:
Authenticated Users: modify
SYSTEM: Full control
Administrators: Full control
Users: Read & execute

The permissions of the cygwin/transmission created files are (manually translated from German):
NULL SID: special
<My User>: special
Authenticated Users: Browse folder / Execute file
SYSTEM: Browse folder / Execute file
Administrators: Browse folder / Execute file
Users: Browse folder / Execute file
Nobody: Read
Authenticated Users: Read, write, execute
SYSTEM: Read, write, execute
Administrators: Read, write, execute
Users: Read, Execute
Everyone: Read

Also when going to advanced permissions it shows the same incorrectly ordered warning and asks me to re-order permissions.