Re: Application not working in 64-bit cygwin cygwin/X

On 12/03/2016 00:10, David Stacey wrote:
On 11/03/16 14:23, Girish Joglekar wrote:
I have cleaned up the test example based on X-Windows/Motif which crashes
on 64-bit cygwin cygwin/X but runs on the 32-bit version. The only
warnings are of the type 'variable set but not used'.

Here is the link to the tar file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lknuoac64hfql4s/test.tar?dl=0

Hope you can reproduce the behavior and fix the problem.

I tried this on Fedora 23 64-bit and it works. I had to add an empty
utcrcu.h file, as the code tries to #include this, and it doesn't exist
in the tar file. Given that it runs in 64-bit Linux, the problem is
unlikely to be an issue associated with porting 32-bit applications to
64-bit.

Dave.

it can be a bug not triggered on linux due the difference in managing function arguments in the stack.

I catch one some time ago in netcdf

Of course it can also be a bug in Xt itself.

Regards
Marco