Re: [attention p7zip maintainer] p7zip 15.14 is out

Tony Kelman writes:
> Updated the version, rebased patches and rebuilt, but cygport isn't letting
> me upload. I'm getting
>
> *** ERROR: Package file p7zip/setup.hint doesn't exist. Run "cygport p7zip-15.14-1.cygport pkg" to build it.
>
> When I run the suggested "cygport pkg" command, I get
>
> *** Warning: setup.hint is missing
> *** Warning: p7zip.hint is missing
>
> I get the sense this is using a pretty old-style cygport packaging, which
> I mostly inherited from the most recent 32-bit upload when I first adopted
> the package. I'm not motivated enough to fight with cygport to modernize this
> so I'll upload manually. Is this a regression in cygport's permissiveness?
>
> If anyone wants to help point me in the right direction with modernizing,
> I have the packaging sources up at https://github.com/tkelman/cygwin-p7zip

You could have renamed the p7zip-15.09-2.cygwin.patch file or you could
remove it and add these three lines to the cygport file:

CATEGORY="Archive"
SUMMARY="A file archiver with very high compression ratios."
DESCRIPTION="p7zip is the Unix port of 7-Zip, a file archiver that
archives with very high compression ratios.  It supports
packing/unpacking 7z, zip, gzip bzip2, xz, tar, and wim archives.  It
supports unpacking of arj, cab, chm, cpio, dmg, hfs, lzh, lzma, wim,
xar, z, nsis, deb, rpm, msi, udf, iso, ntfs, fat, vhd, and mbr
archives.  This version does NOT support rar archives."

You might also want to add 'DEPEND="nasm"', since the build needs it
(probably other stuff too, but I already had that installed).

Regards,
Achim.