Re: Suddenly: Font does not support ANSI character range?

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Thomas Wolff <towo@towo.net> wrote:
> Am 19.03.2016 um 18:18 schrieb Andrey Tarasevich:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I just ran Cygwin x64 setup executable to make some changes to my
>> Cygwin install (under Windows 10 x64 Pro). Among other things, it
>> updated all Cygwin components to their newest versions. However, now
>> when I attempt to start Cygwin terminal (mintty), I'm immediately
>> greeted with a message box saying
>>
>>    Lucida Console
>>    Font does not support ANSI character range
>>
>> Choosing any other font available in mintty options results in the
>> very same error message (with a different font name, of course).
>> Clicking through that message box starts the Cygein terminal, which
>> appears to work fine.
>
> Do you have a Russian Windows version? Mintty reports this if the
> selected font, well, what it says, but that sounds weird for the
> standard fonts.

The Windows itself is not Russian. It is a regular US version and the
OS display language is set to "English (United States)". However, the
"Control Panel -> Region -> Administrative -> Language for non-Unicode
programs" setting is set to "Russian".

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich