Re: Query of type of memcpy (and sys_errlist) on Cygwin

> From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> To: Marco Atzeri  cygwin
> Date: 2016/4/11, Mon 07:52
> Subject: Re: Query of type of memcpy (and sys_errlist) on Cygwin
>
>>  cygwin/newlib headers are under re-shuffle to simplify the guarding
>>  clauses in the main headers.
>>  It is possible that gnuplot is misleaded and don't correctly detect
>>  memcopy as it should.
>>
>>  Have you tried to use latest test release ?
>>  https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-04/msg00012.html
>>

> OK I will try and report results here.
The results are almost the same as those at the stable release.
The zipped config.log is placed here:
http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant2/config.log.20160411.zip
The previous reply to Hans I made a mistake to extract the memcpy related part.
I apologize for that.
configure:9591: result: no
configure:9591: checking for memcpy
configure:9591: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2  -I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/lib -lcerf conftest.c  >&5
conftest.c:86:6: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'memcpy'
 char memcpy ();

Seeing configure output screen: one can see that:
checking for atexit... no
checking for memcpy... no
checking for memmove... no
checking for memset... no
checking for on_exit... no
checking for bcopy... no
checking for bzero... no
checking for setvbuf... no
checking for strerror... no
checking for strchr... no
checking for strrchr... no
checking for strstr... no
checking for index... no
checking for rindex... no
checking for erf... no
checking for erfc... no
checking for gamma... no
checking for lgamma... no
checking for getcwd... no
checking for poll... no
checking for pclose... no
checking for popen... no
checking for fdopen... no
checking for select... no
checking for sleep... no
checking for stpcpy... no
checking for strcspn... no
checking for strdup... no
checking for strndup... no
checking for strnlen... no
checking for strcasecmp... no
checking for stricmp... no
checking for strncasecmp... no
checking for strnicmp... no
checking for sysinfo... no
checking for tcgetattr... no
checking for vfprintf... no
checking for doprnt... no
checking for uname... no
checking for usleep... no
checking for snprintf... no
  WARNING: Could not find a working version of snprintf.
           If a user provides gnuplot with an improper format statement
           then a buffer overflow and/or segfault can result.
           Please consider providing snprintf via an external library.
The above is very strange. Checks of many fucntions are no.
Tatsuro