Re: updated vim broke arrow/delete keys

On 2016-09-04 09:19, Felipe M. Vieira wrote:
The motive:
http://learnvimscriptthehardway.stevelosh.com/chapters/10.html

If the title alone does not put you off, it should be a warning,
and the author warns it is not a tutorial, it is one way to learn
how to customize vim, and I would add, should be done in a sandbox:
a separate account from your working account, and only after reading
the whole article from start to finish before trying anything,
as the impact of the changes is nowhere clearly explained, just what
the immediate effect is and whay that is considered desirable by the
author.

The idea is to force yourself to use a faster escape key.
the output of that command:
  timeoutlen=1000
  ttimeoutlen=-1
I guess the final answer is the one from Randy Morris:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8488232/how-to-disable-esc-and-cursor-keys-in-vim
"In conclusion, don't remap escape, I almost guarantee you will have unexpected consequences."
It feels like <esc> and some other keys are a combination of other keys as Erik
pointed out.
I'm going to send an email to the author of vimscript to add a warning or
something like that.

Send the email to the author of the article Steve Losh, and
suggest his article could be improved by discussing the impact
of his changes, and not just the immediate effect; I suspect
the author of vim and its scripting language Bram Moolenaar
would be unlikely to suggest remapping <esc>!