Re: Cygwin shell eats Windows exceptions?

On 2016-10-13 08:35, Bill Smith wrote:
I'm trying to run my Windows C++ application which has a call to
DebugBreak() to bring up the popup asking if you want to debug this
application or terminate it. If I run the program within Cygwin, the
program just exits.
If I run the application from a Windows command prompt, I get the
Windows popup that I'm expecting. It seems that the Cygwin shell is
eating exceptions (sigsegv or similar signals?). Is there a way for
me to disable this behavior?

Not giving us much info to go on here - is this a Cygwin, curses,
Cygwin/X, or Windows native app, and what kind of popup is used?
If a Windows native app, is it a console app, or do you run it with
cygstart from Cygwin?
If a Cygwin or X app, have you tried running strace, gdb (or a GUI FE)
on it?
If the latter, please post or attach the results, and attach the
output from cygcheck -svr in a reply.