Re: Setup not asking for proxy user,password / was Resend: pdfseparate does nothing for me?

Ian Lambert writes:
> The proxy gives the 407 error, based on some testing
> with wget -d. Even without providing user/password, it works
> around half the time, for wget. Below are some debug output from setup,
> and debug output from wget testing, which shows the 407 error.

It took some time to get to it, but I've tested setup.exe using an NTLM authenticating
proxy @work today and it does exactly what it is supposed to do (pop up
a dialog box asking for the user name and password, then authenticate to
the proxy and use it for the rest of the session).

So your problem still seems to be some misconfiguration on the proxy
side that causes communication with setup.exe to fail.

> Defaulting to empty mirror list
> site: ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/

Err… could it be that your proxy isn't actually of functioning as an FTP
proxy?  How about using a HTTP mirror instead?

Regards,
Achim.